Keith has been a dedicated family law attorney for over 30 years.
Keith’s family law practice focuses on divorces with complex property issues, and custody cases involving special-needs children.
Keith is a talented litigator, a sought-after mediator, and a frequent author and speaker on the topic of effectively representing parents of special-needs children.
Keith is Board Certified in Family Law since 1997, and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) since 2013.
Keith has served on the board of Volunteer Legal Services for several years and has recently committed to serve on the board of the Texas chapter of AAML.
Keith grew up in Galena Park, Texas. A year after his graduation from South Texas College of Law, Keith moved to Austin and began his career as a family lawyer.
Keith lives in Barton Hills with his wife Nikki (also a family lawyer), his son Ben, and his stepson Milan. When he’s not in the office, you might find Keith running on the Town Lake Trail (he’s a Boston Marathon finisher), captaining a sailboat (insert pirate joke here), hitting the downtown farmers’ market, or snowboarding with his daughter, Sarah.
Recent representative cases:
- Valuation of an interest in a national advertising firm and the division of the balance of the parties’ estate.
- Obtained above-guideline child support for the mother of three adult children with special needs.
- Resolved a complicated divorce in less than 60 days so that the client could proceed with the sale of a business before his option period ran.
- Enforced a marital property agreement and recovered damages for breach of the agreement along with the recovery of the client’s attorney’s fees to enforce the agreement.
Honors & Affiliations
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list, a Thomson Reuters business, from 2012-2017
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Committee on Impact of Special Needs Children – Member
- State Bar of Texas – Family Law Section
- American Bar Association – Family Law Section
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Fellow
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Volunteer Legal Services of Austin – President – 2013; Board Member 2009-Present
- Travis County Bar Association – Family Law Section – Director 1998–2002; Treasurer 1999–2000; Vice–Chairman 2000–01; and Chairman 2001–02
- Travis County Family Law Advocates – Treasurer – 2003-present
- Keith was included in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., from 2009-2017 in Family Law
- AV Rating Martindale-Hubbell AV: Highest Legal Ability and General–Ethical Standards