You can certainly file a Motion to Modify Child Support and have it served on the other party. By doing so, you preserve the right to request that your child support be modified retroactively to the date that the other party was served with the lawsuit. Some judges are holding temporary orders hearings via videoconference on Motions to Modify. Even if a hearing cannot be held right away to modify the support, the suit should be filed to preserve the right to retroactively modify the support when a hearing is able to take place.